This Privacy Notice relates to the personal data that Bibby Factoring Services (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (“Bibby”/”we”) collects about you in relation to the services or facilities (collectively referred to as “facilities”):
- that you have requested or are about to request from Bibby; or
- that have been requested or are about to be requested from Bibby by our customer/potential customer, whose obligations and liabilities under the facilities are or are to be secured, guaranteed or undertaken by you/your assets or whom you represent and are authorised to act on behalf of or whom you are associated with.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. It is necessary for you to supply Bibby with personal data in connection with the provision of the facilities. Failure to supply such data may result in Bibby being unable to provide such facilities. This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we collect from you and how your personal data will be used and protected.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE SOURCE
Personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- full name
- identification number
- date of birth
- number of dependents
- contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- employment and income details
- financial commitments
- results of credit checks
We may also collect your personal data from other sources, including but not limited to credit bureaus, credit reference agencies, your employers and your guarantors.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Bibby respects the privacy of your personal data. The purposes for which your personal data is collected and processed may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes:
- the processing of your applications for facilities;
- the daily operation of the facilities;
- conducting credit checks and assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
- updating our records about you;
- ensuring your ongoing credit worthiness;
- determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by you;
- enforcing your obligations, including without limitation the collection of amounts outstanding from you and your provision of security for the facilities;
- enabling an actual or potential assignee of Bibby, or participant or sub-participant of Bibby's rights in respect of the data subject, to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, participation or sub-participation;
- conducting market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- as required by law or regulation;
- for prevention and detection of crime (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution);
- to support Bibby Group’s business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making; and
- for all ancillary purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services.
This Privacy Notice will not alter or affect any information otherwise provided by you to Bibby. Details of your personal data may also be obtained from public sources or other sources which Bibby has access to.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA WHEN IT’S TRANSFERRED
When using your personal data for the purposes referred to above, Bibby may need to disclose it to more than one entity within the Bibby Group and to our agents, advisors and third party service providers. Your personal data may be transferred to, or stored at, a location outside of Malaysia. Regardless of where your personal data is transferred, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to us, so Bibby and all members of the Bibby Group are required to comply with the Bibby Group information security policies and procedures, which set out security standards including technical and organisational security measures. We require the same level of security from our external service providers. The personal data we collect from you is stored by us and where applicable by our service providers on secure servers and premises and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In providing your telephone, e-mail address, facsimile number or other contact methods, you are agreeing that Bibby may contact you by telephone, e-mail, facsimile or such other method. External bodies (the “Authorised Parties”) to which we may disclose your personal data for purposes specified above are:
- any officer, employee, agent or director of Bibby, the holding company of Bibby, and any of Bibby’s holding company’s subsidiaries, affiliates, representative and branch office in any jurisdiction (the “Bibby Group”);
- professional advisers, service providers, insurers or insurance brokers of the Bibby Group who are under a duty of confidentiality to the Bibby Group;
- any actual or potential participant or sub-participant or assignee, novatee or transferee of the Bibby Group’s rights and/or obligations under any transaction between the any Bibby Group member and you (or any of its agents or professional advisers);
- any rating agency or direct/indirect provider of credit protection to any member of the Bibby Group;
- any party as required by any law or any government, quasi-government, administrative, regulatory/supervisory body or authority, court or tribunal;
- any credit reference agency that Bibby uses for credit assessment or credit review of you and parties related to the facilities provided by Bibby to you; and
- any guarantor or collateral provider for the facilities.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will retain your personal data for such period or duration as required by your relationship with us, in compliance with this Privacy Notice and/or the terms and conditions of your agreement(s) with us, for such other period as may be necessary to protect the interests of Bibby Group and/or its customers as may be deemed necessary, or where otherwise required by the law and/or where required by Bibby Group’s relevant policies.
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data about you held by us. If you wish to access or request for correction or deletion of any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning this Privacy Notice, you may speak to our Data Protection Officer or write to us, as per the contact details below. Bibby may charge a fee for access to the information held.
Contact Number: +603 2711 0080
Bibby Factoring Services (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
Unit C-12-4, Level 12, Block C, Megan Avenue II, 12 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that your continued usage of the facilities is deemed consent for Bibby to collect, process and store the data in accordance with the above. Failure to consent to the above may result in Bibby being unable to establish, continue or provide the facilities to you.
This notice is issued in both the National and English languages. In the event of any conflict, the English language version shall prevail.
Click here for National language version >>
Last updated: August 2018